They’ve launched their own satellite into space. They successfully got a kick off the Earth’s rotation and put something hundreds of kilometers high above us all at 11:30 on Sunday, April 5th, 2009. A thinly disguised missile test simultaneously brings them into the family of peace loving nations with a presence in space -allbeit in low orbit. As was recently pointed out, Kim Jong-il knows that accepting American aid and opening a US embassy in Pyongyang in return for the sacrifice of nuclear development and threatening missiles renders them “a poor man’s Korea.” They need this.
- Everything Previous to Now was an Assumption
- The Threat of the Media Coverage
- The Need for Negociati…
- The North Joins an Exclusive Club. Congratulations?
- Time Waits for No Man
- Launch Wrongly Reported in Japan
- BBC says North Korea says “soon”
- Kim Jong-il Bunkers Down
- North Korea Threatens Stronger Measures